Changing plug holes and taps

Hi all,

How easy is it to change the plug holes and taps on the bathroom sink and bath?

Any links that people can point me to please?

Anything I should be aware of? I assume that changing the taps I need to be careful of water leakage when switching the mains back on.

Thanx.

AMO

Reply to
AMO

Relatively trivial, of course having said that the fittings will have been there for ages( they wont move, pipes will break) and changing them will morph into an all weekend nightmare

fitting a waste is shown (in part) here, one of the major gotchas lies here as if you don't get a decent water tight seal between the waste and the basin/bath, water may well leak past this junction and as the bath is (usualy) covered at the side the leak may well go undetected untill other major damage is done, this also applies to a bathroom sink which may have a pedestal .

soup

wanted to change the metal bits. Seems like it might be a lot of risk though.

AMO

Reply to
AMO

Yep, trivial in principle, but depends on the age of the existing fittings. If they'd been installed last week, you can be sure they'll be modern size and readily unmountable, probably with nice easy-to-use flexible couplings; however if your bath is 30 years old the opposite will be true.

Have a look at a recent thread here at

(or ); lots more info in the archives of this group if you google it.

David

Reply to
Lobster