changing a Honda headlight

I was struggling to work out how to change a headlamp bulb in the 08 Passat I used to drive. Eventually gave up trying to work it out myself and looked in the handbook. Guess what "This is a main dealer operation" is all it had to say. Sod that, four screws and a couple of clips later part of the air intake was out giving easy access.

On a similar note I recently needed a headlamp for the Land Rover, standard

7 inch job. Euro parts, once they located one wanted £84!!!!! Remember this headlamp was virtually standard across many cars for donkeys years either with or without side-light holes.

Back home, online, genuine LR part £17.80 including delivery.

These modern motor factors can't find anything without chassis numbers and my self built Lightweigh Land Rover/ Range Rover hybrid is becoming a problem finding the most simple parts. Most of what I want is on the shelf but, like the headlamp, they just cant find it because they haven't a clue. What year is it? they say. Well most of the body is 74, chassis is 72, engine 84ish, suspension mostly late 80s, brakes all early 90s with loads of parts new when I built it in 94!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

Kit car, innit?

Reply to
Huge

See also "One Piece at a Time" sung by Johnny Cash. ;-)

Reply to
Adam Funk

A mortgage adviser may well "borrow money for clients", the bank/bs will lend the money not the adviser.

Reply to
dennis

Sure enough, the LH one blew this Saturday. Of course, there's no way the battery can fold out of the way, but I'm getting practised at this manoeuvre. It was very windy while I was working on it, so while I was fetching a torch, the spare lamp wrapped in kitchen roll blew somewhere under the bonnet & the bag containing the spare spare lamp blew out of the open boot. I can't blame Honda for those issues, but I was a grumpy so-&-so.

I can wonder why they install a lighter-socket in the boot that is underwired & underfused for running the air compressor that they also supply in the under-boot. You're supposed to plug the air compressor into the lighter-socket under the dash, even though that's counter-intuitive for pumping up the rear tyres.

Of course, I did notice after it stopped working that there's a tag on the cable with some green tick & red X pictographs about where to plug it in.

Reply to
Adam Funk

You might want to check your voltage. If you're popping bulbs it may be a bit high.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris