Changed CU - questions

Just notice that Hager do a CU with a removable top surface with foam strips that seals to IP4x when the case is fitted. Never considered Hager, but there you are ... Anyone use a Hager CU ? Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

sm_jamieson coughed up some electrons that declared:

Yes - they're quite good. The plastic enclosures are well made - I've gone for an industrial metal case, which is butt-ugly but solid and roomy.

They've probably got the biggest range of MCBs, RCDs and RCBOs after MEM, including double pole RCBOs (personal requirement for outside circuits - exceeds the regs, but a good idea anyway).

TLC sell Hager if you have one near you.

Cheers

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Just notice that Hager do a CU with a removable top surface with foam strips that seals to IP4x when the case is fitted. Never considered Hager, but there you are ... Anyone use a Hager CU ? Simon.

Hagar CUs also have a built in spirit level!

Hagar are up in the top 5 of CU manufacturers for quality IMHO.

Sturdy boards and MCBs that work.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well, I've done MK, and I guess it'll do, you live and learn. Also, pretty easy to make a foam edged board to seal the top if needed ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

MK are also in the top 5 CU models IMHO.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Took me a full day, though I tested all of my circuits (to IEC standard) at the same time.

After I finished I was so proud of the job that I invited the wife in to join me and we drank a bottle of wine together under the stairs.

Ben

Reply to
Airsource Ltd