CH Pump produces LF noise

I've recently puchased a new house that has the bolier in the utility room (Downstairs) and the tank and pump are located in the airing cuboard

- above the stairwell - the system works well - however there is a lot of LF nose from the pump. There is a cavity below the boiler (trianglar in shape above the stair well) - The boiler is lagged as too the pipes but I still hear a LF "rumbling" whenever the heating is running - this is noticiable in the shower room (Next to the airing cupboard) and more importantly downstairs.

Any ideas how I can rid the noise??? I've tested each pipe and any movemnt shows no difference.

Is it the actual pump resonating through the tank that is causing the noise??

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Reply to
Hobbes

You get help if you tell people what LF means

Reply to
IMM

Low frequency. See, there are advantages in going to snotty unis.

Reply to
Grunff

Loud Fxxxxxx noise, skool of life.

Reply to
Chris Oates

There are? Prey tell. Most people will not know what LF is.

Reply to
IMM

LOL

Reply to
IMM

In message , IMM writes

Didn't they teach you that in domestic science ?

Reply to
geoff

Try lifting the pump a bit and put a cushion under it. Or if it's on the pipes themselves. Try putting some cushioning around the nearest pipe clips on them.

Get some carpet samples and wrap them around the pipes before putting them back in the clips, or folding them to put under the pump.

Reply to
BigWallop

Goes with CR, shirley?

Reply to
Bob Eager

No, Maxie. I learnt to Laugh Out Loud in other places.

Reply to
IMM

Don't call me Shirley.

Reply to
IMM

Probably the same people who don't know what LV lighting is ;)

David Hearn

Or what QLDEP is either.

Reply to
IMM

That brings up the story of the sparks following the architects drawings on site. The ceiling plan for the wiring configurations were all marked with LV on them, so the sparks went off and got all the Low Voltage fittings and carried on with job.

During the architects visit, he noticed all the LV lighting around the ceilings and asked what the hell was going. It's the Low Voltage lighting you've got marked on your drawings, he's told. No !!! You silly buggers, it's short for "LARGE VOLUME" lighting, to be concentrated in the one spot for display shelving.

Reply to
BigWallop

That's why acronyms should be banned. Any of my people who submitted documents with acronyms would always have them rejected. Some of them made their own up.

Reply to
IMM

Signed, IMM.

Reply to