CH Inhibitor Fernox MB1 or F1 (or screwfix)

Hi,

I have a open pumped CH/Gravity HW system. I need to refill with inhibitor, but am confused if which I should use.

Fernox produce MB1 and F1 but it is not clear what the advantages/disadvantages of each are? Alternativly I have looked at Screwfix No Nonsense range.

The house is a 4 bed, with 11 rads. How much inhibitor should I be using? I am guess at 1 bottle of MB1/F2, or using 2 for screwfix.

What is the consensus on which inhibitor to use here?

Reply to
Jim

"Jim" wrote

Fernox - no question. Likely 1 bottle is OK. Check with their excellent support for true dosage, recommended product etc. The other rated inhitor is Sentinel but I have found better results with Fernox. No commercial interest, just satisfied customer (along with many other members of this group)

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Is the MB1 or F1?

Reply to
Jim

Check the specs - I think F1 has antifreeze.

Reply to
John

The specs are near-as-darnit identical (MB-1 quotes the pH of the solution not just the concentrate, and there are some other trivial changes). And the link "Download safety data sheets" gets you to "Email snipped-for-privacy@fernox.com to request copies of safety data sheets for all of our chemical products".

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

On this subject of central heating, how long can I leave cleaner in my system?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

A HAH! a little rummage gets me a safety data sheet.

MB-1 contains 1-5% triethanolamine (so 40-200 ml active ingredient per bottle)

F1 contains: triethanolamine 20-30% boric acid 15-20%

2,2'-iminodiethanol 1-5% 1h-benzotriazole 1-5% molybdenum trioxide 1-5% (which is 100-150ml triethanolamine per bottle, plus the other stuff, for about the same price...)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

That's Alphi 11