CH Inhibitor Fernox MB1 or F1 (or screwfix)

Hi,
I have a open pumped CH/Gravity HW system. I need to refill with inhibitor,
but am confused if which I should use.
Fernox produce MB1 and F1 but it is not clear what the
advantages/disadvantages of each are? Alternativly I have looked at Screwfix
No Nonsense range.
The house is a 4 bed, with 11 rads. How much inhibitor should I be using? I
am guess at 1 bottle of MB1/F2, or using 2 for screwfix.
What is the consensus on which inhibitor to use here?
Reply to
Jim
"Jim" wrote
Fernox - no question. Likely 1 bottle is OK. Check with their excellent support for true dosage, recommended product etc. The other rated inhitor is Sentinel but I have found better results with Fernox. No commercial interest, just satisfied customer (along with many other members of this group)
Phil
Reply to
TheScullster
The specs are near-as-darnit identical (MB-1 quotes the pH of the solution not just the concentrate, and there are some other trivial changes). And the link "Download safety data sheets" gets you to "Email snipped-for-privacy@fernox.com to request copies of safety data sheets for all of our chemical products".
Andy
Reply to
Andy Champ
A HAH! a little rummage gets me a safety data sheet.
MB-1 contains 1-5% triethanolamine (so 40-200 ml active ingredient per bottle)
F1 contains: triethanolamine 20-30% boric acid 15-20% 2,2'-iminodiethanol 1-5% 1h-benzotriazole 1-5% molybdenum trioxide 1-5% (which is 100-150ml triethanolamine per bottle, plus the other stuff, for about the same price...)
Andy
Reply to
Andy Champ

Site Timeline Threads