CH/HW query - follow up.

Hello All

A while back I asked why my CH wouldn't come on unless my HW was also operating, two replies pointed a finger at my 3-port valve.

Well, I finally got around to replacing it today and yes - pat yourselves on the back gentlemen, that was indeed the culprit!

Bigger job than I thought though - non-standard valve plates meant I had to drain the system and replace the valve itself as well as the controller. Thankfully both units used the same standard wiring colours, so swapping the electrodes was a piece of cake. (Just as well, I've inherited an overstuffed connection box with no markings or hint as to what goes where)

Running nicely now, thanks!

BTW, unrelated but rather than start a new thread - quite a nice diy site that doesn't seem to have been mentioned recently, if at all. Useful for new/mid range DIYers, well written and easy to understand without being patronising. No connection, just found it useful for speedfit clue.

Simon Avery

Glad it worked ok. The 3-port valve is always the likely culprit for your type of problem!

Have a look at the wiring for a Y-plan system in

should be more or less like that!

Roger

Reply to
Roger Mills

Good.

Simon, not wishing to nag, but you did put inhibitor in didn't you :-)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall