CH header tank - pipework blocked?

In matters unrelated to my other post, I'm pretty sure the feed pipe from my CH header tank is blocked. Any bright ideas for tracing the site and ungumming it?

Reply to
jsabine

The usual site is next to the T where the feed pipe meets the circulation loop. The combination of heat from the circulating water and still water in the feed pipe leads to scale deposits.

Reply to
Simon Kelley

Agreed There may be a motorised valve close to this tee either for CH or hot water control. A good first start would be to look at the condition of these. Obviously the closer they are to the tee point, the more reliable they will be as an indicator to the condition of piping in that area. My recent refurb wasn't prompted by a total blockage but one valve close to this tee point was 1/2 blocked with crud.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster