CH Cylinder-Scrap value?

Do scrap CH cylinders have any worthwhile scrap value?

sponix

Reply to
sponix

oh yes. most indeedy. I can't find the reciept for my old one but I recently took a /carrier bag/ of copper in and got close to a tenner.

iirc, copper is running at about £1800 / ton

Reply to
.

I often equate these things to tins of beer so I'm probably looking at

10-15 tins of beer, which sounds good to me!

sponix

Reply to
sponix

Took my old (quite small one) + another that was left on the pavement accross the road on the same morning (just good luck) to the recycling place a couple of months ago.

Got £20 each - thank you very much...

Reply to
JoeJoe

Yes, we got about £10 for our old direct cylinder.

Reply to
<me9

Explains why we now have considerably more 'any old iron' vehicles roaming the street around here. They are now scoutting in the alley-ways behind properties fetching up anything metal as they go... And removing dumped cars is big business too!

Reply to
Adrian C

Adrian C wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

Would anyone take my old radiators?

Reply to
mike ring

Put them outside in view of the street and see. Pikies can see these things from 10 miles.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So copper obviously has a worthwhile value. What about cast iron?

sponix

Reply to
sponix

c£8 ish for an old cast iron bath, 6 months ago. payed for a fre lunch for me and the mrs. it took me about 3 mins to smash it into 3 bits with a 5lb lump hammer & the mrs filmed it.

we made a movie called 3 easy pieces. brother in law arrived mid smash and could hear the /DONG/ /DONG/ /DONG/ of the hammer about 200 yards down the street. 11pm at night.... sorry, neighbours :-)

Reply to
.

A large one goes to the scrapper for £10 on a good day

Reply to
EricP

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk:

I guess I can try it, Norm next door said no-one would take them.

Praps I'll plonk them outside *his* hovel

Reply to
mike ring

Thats why he said it, do that and he will take them to the scrapies.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Dave Stanton wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net:

No, he turned it down, but he did take my cylnder and scrap pipe last year and came back with a 12-pack for me!

Reply to
mike ring

When I replaced my cylinder a couple of years ago after it sprung a leak I couldn't be bothered to drive it to a scrappy for the sake of what I thought would be a few quid so I put it on the front path and just waited for a bit. Sure enough it vanished overnight courtesy of the local pikies. If I'd known I could get £20 for it I might have saved it.

-- Dave Baker

***
Reply to
Dave Baker