Central heating system

My take is that a combi is an ideal system for a small flat with just one or two people in it, where it can cope with occasional hot water demand well, and doesn't have a lot of CH to do. The lack of hot water and header tanks saves space, complexity and cost.

In a bigger house, pressurised stored hot water beats it hands down. You have the space and likely as not if you have two bathrooms, it's because you are going to be using them simultaneously.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Agreed, the matter of efficiency does not really make the top five criteria when choosing to use a combi or not.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

It turned out that the somewhat high prices of oil of late have been due to reasons other than politics, reserves and productions. I am given to understand they were due to a lack of refining capacity.

Oil and gas prices will rise eventually but not a quadruplng avery two years.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I think burning up most of te USA's strategic reserves in a pointless war, and having an Oil man in the White house, and having a lot of capacity screed bu Katrina had a lot to do with it..however, whilst the dizzy upwards swoops in price may have levelled off for now, OPEC wont see it going south of the current prices if they can help it,.

No..but they have't done that anyway.

I wopuld expect to see 25% upshift in the next two years at least.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher