Central Heating Room Thermostat - wiring problem

Please can someone help with a wiring problem.

I have a Honeywell Room Thermostat in the lounge which has two wires (each with a red and a black inside so four inside) which go to the heating control box in the airing cupboard.

I can't see where these should connect in the airing cupboard.

In the airing cupboard I have a Potterton EP2000 programmer and a control box.

Thank you

Reply to
rition

Older thermostats have three 'mains' wires - ignoring the earth. A live feed, a neutral, and a switch return to the pump. The person wiring yours should really have used a triple and earth rather than two twin and earths. One wire out of the four will be unused.

You'll need the appropriate wiring diagram for the type of installation you have.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

And some newer electronic ones as well.

What's the recommended wiring colours to use for this - I put the receiving end of a wireless pair yesterday and used red for live, blue for neutral and yellow for switched return. It sort of felt right as an amalgam of the two colour schemes!

Reply to
Nick Atty

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 16:00:27 +0000, Nick Atty strung together this:

It doesn't matter, anything live has brown sleeving on it, anything neutral has blue sleeving on it and anything earth has green\yellow sleeving on it no atter what the manufactured colours are.

Reply to
Lurch

That's what I'd use, but under the old colours the blue should have a black sleeve on it to denote it's a neutral, and the yellow a red sleeve to denote it's a live.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)