Central Heating - Microbore

I have a couple of rads that are sluggish. The radiators are clean and I have found that there is a good flow of water out of the return tail - but a very sluggish flow out of the Flow tail when things are opened up.

Is it possible that the manifold could be sludged up? Alternatively I am thinking a pipe may have become crushed somehow. It was once working well. The system always has Fernox in it. I have even tried blasting mains water back up the flow pipe in case there was an air lock.

As it is 2 / 3 radiators I am hoping to find a common cause.

Reply to
john

By the way it has a header tank in the loft and is a Worcester Hi-Flow Heatslave -1998 vintage.

Reply to
john

had the same prob on home system! fernox was in the system but rus build up still happened. pipe work blocked, as you have poor flow o three rads yes check manifold. also try sentinal x400 cleaner or ferno cleaner leave in system and see if that helps flow. if not chec manifold end also you can insert solder wire in pipe to check fo blockage. if still no go then sorry but repipe

-- plumber gaz

Reply to
plumber gaz