Central Heating Cleaner

Do they all need to be thoroughly removed after a short period?
My system had 3 sluggish radiators. I had one re-piped during some alterations. It turned out I had some sediment in the outlet union from the manifold. Perhaps flux type debris from the original build.
Unfortunately I was out when the plumber did the job so wasn't in a position to get the other unions checked. I now stil lhave 2 rads that are a bit sluggish.
I would like to run with a long term cleaner in the system. I always have an inhibitor and the water is very clean - I also have a magnetic think.
Any suggestions - is there something that I can use all through the winter without it attacking my boiler - but might clean any partial blockages (microbore of course)
On Thursday, 9 November 2017 17:08:52 UTC, DerbyBorn wrote:

I think it was Fernox that says it can stay in.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

Is there something I should be putting in my boiler heat exchanger in readiness for a reinstall?
History, 3 years use on a system with steel radiators followed by 12 months emptied out waiting for a plumber to put it back on the wall.
It was fitted with a filter but there have been suggestions that sludge may have hardened blocking the heat exchanger and leading to kettling on re-use.
--
Tim Lamb

On Friday, 10 November 2017 09:52:38 UTC, Tim Lamb wrote:

Just CH cleaner.
NT
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com writes

OK.
--
Tim Lamb

On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 17:08:49 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

There's this: https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Heating+%26+Insulation/d230/Central+Heating+Additives/sd3235/Central+Heating+Cleanser+%2F+Descaler+%26+Inhibitor/p45091 more information: http://www.calmagltd.com/index.php/our-products/chemical-range/calchem/
I've been using it for a few years now.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On Thu, 09 Nov 2017 17:08:49 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

Are you certain that there is no sludge in the radiators?
If your plumber removed a radiator this could have cleared out any sludge.
Cheers
Dave R

They are very clean - removed for decorating and the system is often flushed - each has a drain at the bottom.