central heating air lock

I now have the central heating back working perfectly - found a partial blockage in the feed pipe from the loft storage tank, it was quite near the pump and after cutting out and replacing all is well. Unfortunately I did not have any rust inhibiting liquid when doing the job so the radiators are filled with ordinary mains water. Would it be worth my while partially draining down the system and mixing in corrosion inhibitor? I think if I just drained down the upstairs radiators that would be enough. Any comment? Thank you

Reply to
Stewart

Glad it's working again!

Yes, you definitely need corrosion inhibitor. You just need to drain it sufficiently to make sure that when you pour it into the F&E tank it goes down into the circulating system and doesn't stay in the tank. It will soon get distributed throughout the system.

Reply to
Roger Mills

Thank you Roger, I shall get some next time I am in town.

Reply to
Stewart