Ceiling stain problem

What is the best method of removing or covering a yellow water mark on an emulsioned ceiling? I have tried a coat of Unibond and several coats of paint but the stain always reappears.

Regards

Reply to
newman

See a recent thread...

Proprietary stain block or ordinary oil based paint.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Unibond is water based so won't work. If you want pukka stuff, you can buy "Alkali resisting primer" which is the "correct" stuff. OTOH any oil based paint should be OK - oil based undercoat for gloss paint for example.

Reply to
Bob Mannix

The stain block stuff I've used is a rip off. Just use an oil based paint - pref undercoat because then it will have a key matt finish for the matt (I presume) you will paint over the top.

Reply to
StealthUK

Thanks, I will try that.

Regards