Ceiling paper

I have hit a problem with my part of the bathroom.

I was painting the ceiling as instructed. The ceiling is covered in one of those thick made for the job. I don't think they do them anymore. They look like a cross between the old anaglypta papers and artex when put on?

Anyway , there is one on the bathroom ceiling ( and one in the kitchen actually. All the other ceilings have been done with an artex paint type job. The one in the bathroom has decided to split and droop a little when I painted it - oops. Is there anyway I can stick it pack? I would rather not have to re do the ceiling. I wouldn't have a clue anyway for papering a ceiling.

Alternatively a quick ( I mean quick!) fix?

The good news is , its over the toilet, not over the bath end of the bathroom.

Reply to
sweetheart

"sweetheart" wibbled on Tuesday 06 April 2010 14:57

Bit of PVA wood glue - that will be stronger than wallpaper paste once it sets. Give it a day to dry out properly before painting again.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Applied with a syringe if the droop is inconveniently far from an edge. Douglas de Lacey

Reply to
Douglas de Lacey

Thanks for the replies on the ceiling paper. Have completed job and you cant see the joins;-)

I hadn't got wood glue so I used no nails and a lolly stick to shove it behind the paper and sealed.

Reply to
sweetheart

"sweetheart" wibbled on Saturday 10 April 2010 14:36

Excellent :)

BTW, for future reference, you know that PVA wood glue is the same as PVA kiddies glue - the latter can be got at the odd post office or corner shop?

Reply to
Tim Watts