Ceiling painting - are there stools with trays?

On 13/12/2018 11:17, Chris Green wrote:

I find it easier to forget all about the steps etc, and use one of these:
https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Trade-Telescopic-Roller-Extension-Pole---1-4-2-4m/p/607340
The paint tray can go on the floor, and you don't even need to bend down to it.
--
Cheers,

John.

I have one like that but, in true DIY tradition, mine is a standard roller, a garden cane and some gaffer tape :-)
--
Graeme

On 13/12/2018 13:33, Graeme wrote:

I have used broomsticks in the past but now I would recommend something decent designed for the job
I had one telescopic pole tat when extended the two parts twisted together to lock. I found that the locking mechanism always came loose during painting and the pole flexed too much.
My current universal extension pole is hexagonal in section with a lever to lock the outer section to the inner, with the inner having detent positions for positive adjustment. This pole doesn't bend
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

On 13/12/2018 13:33, Graeme wrote:

A really good quality telescopic decorating pole has the required stiffness. I bought one and doing ceilings and up the stairs was a doddle.
It also doubles up as a roof moss scraper by duck-taping a garden hoe, standing on the ladder at eaves height and scraping almost all the way up to the ridge.
On 13/12/2018 11:17, Chris Green wrote:

A roller and a decent extension pole?
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk