CCT and spiders webs

We have some CCTV cameras in the garden record the doings of local wildlife overnight.I looked at some of the video today and found 2 cameras virtually unviewable due to spiders webs. They seem to like casting webs around cameras, something to do with the LEDs or the warmth or possibly both. Does anyone know a way of keeping them off the cameras? I don't mind the spiders, they have to make a living too, I just wish they'd do it somewhere else!

Bob

Reply to
Me

I don't *think* this stuff is snake oil ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It sounds interesting, and just what I want, but I would be concerned about any getting on the lens.

And Old Lady, but she has to Swallow a fly first.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Presumably because they are brightly lit up by the IR LEDs only an inch away?

Attracted by the light or attracted to the insects attracted by the light. I wouldn't expect the warmth being much of a draw at this time of year.

Turn off the on-board camera LEDs and use an IR illuminator a couple of feet away from the camera. The £5 to £10, round 40 (48?) 850 nm LED things work but check beam angle if it's mentioned. Some are rather narrow, thus only really illuminate a spot. A snag might be the provision of the 12 V @ 500 mA they live off.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for the feedback, some things to think about there. I've ordered a couple of separate illuminator units to start with.

Reply to
Me