Cats are great...

Until they bring in a live mouse in the middle of night who manages to get away somewhere!!! *sigh*

Reply to
gremlin_95

It's worse when it's a pigeon.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Oh yes but it is easier to get rid of them given their size and it unlikely to happen in the night.

Reply to
gremlin_95

Only a mouse? Mine brought in a live budgie and let it go.

And I also left my cat home alone 7 years ago for 5 days when I was working away (it was fed twice a day by a neighbour) and when I arrived home TWO cats walked down the stairs to greet me. The bloody thing had found a female friend and let it move in.

Reply to
ARW

It's worse when it's half a squirrel; top half, with trailing entrails.

Reply to
Onetap

You evidently don't have enough cats, or that would quickly cease to be a problem.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Reply to
Nick

Ours became friends with the mouse, like a perfect Tom and Jerry setup.

Reply to
Davey

You'd think so, but it isn't true.

We once had 5 cats (don't ask).

One of them brought in a live mouse & let it go. None of the cats showed the slightest interest in the indoor mouse & left it to us to evict it.

At least 3 of the 5 were active hunters - but only outdoors it seems.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

It is in my house.

Perfectly understandable. I've had the same number.

Only one of mine seems to be interested in hunting outdoors, usually frogs. However, any mice that venture into the house are doomed.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Wonder where he got that idea from '-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

He is neutered so it's not from me.

Reply to
ARW

Its a bloody sight worse when its a rabbit and they do a Pol Pot on the bathroom floor.

At last all I found of yesterday's rat was the tail.

They eat pigeons outside.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bloody Northern slag cats Still at least they dint take and weird Vegetable psychedelics..

The Natural Philosopher

When my daughters were teenage they often dragged more repulsive things than that through the door late at night.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Ours was unpopular when she caught and scoffed *most* of a mouse... she would always leave the tail, the arse, and a wet end in the middle of a walkway waiting for someone to intercept it in bare feet! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Don't be daft. Half a squirrel isn't going to go bouncing around the room...

Fully live isn't too much of a problem, just watch the cat and they'll let you know where it is.

Dead is fine it isn't going to run away and hide.

Fatally injured but still able to move I don't like. Having to dispatch them.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ours would also do the catch & release (indoors) service for frogs as well.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Why? What do they bring home?

Reply to
Bill

Year round, ours follows postpersons around collecting their discarded elastic bands. Odd but rather useful.

Summer, wildlife, but I think she's getting the message after repeated chucking out with it in her jaws.

Reply to
usenet2012