Catch up

Matthew did a lot of the work on original FAQ ... not heard from him in while

Reply to
rick

Cormaic is still going well ... on his own site

Reply to
rick

There was a way to post the names of the top 50 (or whatever contributors) .. Matthew Marks posted this once or twice.

Reply to
rick

I spoke with him some time after he left here (still at the BBC). He did the first FAQ.

The UK homebuild forum ripped large chunks of it off, removed the contributors' copyright notices including those from Mark, myself, and others, and stuck it up on their Wiki as theirs.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

He vanished just after one of our meetups, and ISTR his wife was just expecting their first baby, and there was lots of talk of birthing pools. So, probably got bogged down in family;-)

KKKatie - what she didn't know about septic tanks wasn't worth knowing! Actually, she knew all the water/sewage regs inside out.

Bill Boyd - burglar alarm installer and really helpful to people DIYing them. Gone a very long time now.

Dave Williams - also plumbing regs, IIRC.

Anna Kettle - Pargeting and lime plastering

Ed Sirett - Plumbing and Gas fitting

John Stumbles - Plumbing and Gas fitting

- Andrew Gabriel [email address is not usable -- followup in the newsgroup]

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I have new neighbours.

Paul that did the driveway (that CCTV?) got two years for money laundering - I would have given him 6 years for the driveway he laid:-)

Reply to
ARW

I generated the list for some purpose I've forgotten (might have been for a collective response to the Part P building regs). I did it by running a script across my newspool.

People asked me to post it periodically but I refused. It's a very bad idea because people compete to move up it, and that generates significant noise and no signal. Saw that happen in other newsgroups at the time.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

The old google groups interface did a rather good synopsis of this, but they somehow broke it along the way and the real numbers seem to be gone. The top posters in the days of Andy Hall were already over 35,000 posts! I suspect a few of us have romped through that threshold now.

Reply to
John Rumm

You get something like it here, but the numbers were reset some time ago for the "all time" rankings which now only reach back a few years. Still I suppose it shows just how much crap is posted wodney.

John Rumm

I would have thought that if he had money to launder, he would have found some money to get the driveway done properly. ;-)

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

But to be fair to him, he did DIY it so he was OT:-).

Has anyone else here had a neighbour lay 4 tons of concrete using a brick trowel and had the chance to film it and bang it on YouTube?

Amazingly his fence is still standing.

Reply to
ARW