Cat Scarer O.T.

On Countryfile on the BBC today, there was a guy with a cat scarer, which looked like a small torch. You point this at the cat, or whatever presumably, to chase it away by pressing the button, it works with ultrasonic frequencies. I have searched for this with no success; but there are plenty of PIR operated units available. Anyone have any knowledge of a source?

The Countryfile programme was partly about the declining birdlife, partly blamed on feral cats and grey squirrels.

Jaymack

Reply to
John McLean

air pistol with green laser sights ?

Reply to
.

What about a Tazer? Only $399.00 here:

though...you can get these from Maplin:

Vortex

Ultrasonic doesn't work, especially if the cat has a hearing problem. A high pressure hose or a sprinkler will teach the cat not to get too close. I used slug pellets with a pet repellent very effectively. If they didn't shift then a shotgun did the trick.

Reply to
Ron

"John McLean" wrote in news:Sq- snipped-for-privacy@bt.com:

When I see a cat that can fly as well as a magpie, and kill all the chicks in the nest, I'll believe it

mike

Reply to
mike

I use a water pistol...

Reply to
Bob Eager

If you're really concerned about birdlife you need a man eliminator...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Which is in fact a dog-scarer - not a cat-scarer

Reply to
<me

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like:

Shout 'Bath!' at it. Scares mine.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

If you want to stop the local cats decimating the bird life then how about hanging bags of catnip on string around the garden. Most of them will end up so stoned they won't bother with the birds. They will still shit in your flower beds though, I expect :-)

HLAH

Reply to
Handy

It works through walls???

Reply to
Graham

I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier which seems to scare the bejesus out of the local cats quite niceley :-) he's only managed to catch one in his seven years though, no chance of any more as he's getting on

Reply to
Staffbull