Cat Deterrents

Try feeding them lots. Obviously what goes in, comes out but maybe if you throw their food into someone else's garden - pref. their owners, they'll mess there until they fatten up. (If you've seen "supersize me" ISTR that a diet of burgers reduced the authors libido as well as porking him up: 2 birds, 1 stone. Or maybe in this case: 1 cat, 14 pounds, no kittens.)

Reply to
Peter Lynch

Tom Woods wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

The trick is learning how to aim off. Aim at the cat, you never score.

Aim off so that it jumps straight into a soaking is tricky but very funny

mike

Reply to
mike

Hmm, when I said breeding, maybe I should have said "breeding". We've had new neighbours recently, and they have several of the darn things.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

They also use you as a Pillow

its amazing how you become attached to them

-
Reply to
Mark

Hi You have my sympathy, they are dirty filthy brutes, that carry disease, look at what they eat & catch although someone will probably say i am wrong

I know some one who kisses her cat, the same cat i watched play with a mouse last week before starting to eat it. Then mummy ran into the garden, "Oh pure pussy " , where have you been, then proceded to kiss it & let it lick her mouth For petes sake it just eat a mouse!!!

Dont waste money on any contraptions, none work As regards water spray, they soon forget, hardly worth the bother

I know of no one who has managed to stop them yet & i know a few, Some tried catapults, even that did not work

Well i do know one who beat them ,he used an airgun, but that is illegal, but he was past caring

Stayed next door to some pratt the took who them in from Cats Protection, he had around 12

If you had 12 dogs there would be an uproar, but cat owners are very easily upset, as you might read

No one dare touch my cat,!!! again of course they dont mess in their owners garden, do they , but always someone elses

If they did mess their own you might here a different story & not "Poor pussy, who is shouting at you & throwing stones"

It would be them reaching for the gun, a water one of course

Wally by name , but not by nature

Reply to
wally

Get a cat of your own. It will deter others and crap in sombedy else garden.

LOL!!!!

I have heard that if you live near a zoo, you can get lion, tiger etc. droppings to put in your garden to deter cats - but heaven knows what these would make your garden smell like! Probably worse that the ordinary cats.

A super soaker

see

nemo

And what had mummy just been eating - avian-flu twizzlers, or daddy's knob?

Anyway, mouse-breath is no worse than whiskas-breath.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I bet you're Welch and keep sheep

-
Reply to
Mark

Lots of little sticks stuck in the soil every 6" so its difficult for them t walk between them. Just use garden trimmings and pull up any that start to grow. Ot invite the cat in, feed them and have a nice time. Seems more sensible.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In message , Owain writes

Don't be silly. Turkey Snifflers.

Both foul.

Not commenting any further, last time I suggested a method to combat cat infestation which was more humane than spraying dangerous chemicals at the animals, I got death threats.

Reply to
Clint Sharp

We bough one of the PIR-activated hose squirters that was suggested here when the subject came up last time. It's very entertaining but so effective that we now need something to attract cats into the garden so we can enjoy watching them get squirted.

Reply to
LSR