Casting lead weights

No - was my own idea. Used to boil U2 batteries too to get the carbon rods out to make arc lamps - can still see.

Reply to
Geo

I'm puzzled that you'd need to boil them. I just took the rods out. (I've no memory of what size the cells were.)

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Maybe didn't /need/ to - but it was more interesting to see the rods ejected slowly under their own "steam".

Reply to
Geo

I really would not like to be caught by the old bill with that in my possession ....

Reply to
Jethro_uk

snipped-for-privacy@hayter.org (Roger Hayter) grunted in news:1ngfn87.p8mq0d1xbc7oyN% snipped-for-privacy@hayter.org:

Had forgotten about this thread... FWIW I ended up casting my weight in a sawn-off deodorant can, and about two inches tall equated to my 1 kg. Thanks all!

Reply to
Lobster