Car tyre inflator

One of my mates is a professional gardener and his 'boss' bought a new mini ride on tractor and from day one it was getting punctures (thorns).

I suggested he 'fit' Ultraseal [1] in all the tyres, they did and they haven't had a puncture since ;-)

All the best ..

T i m

[T] Ultraseal is a very special formula 'gloop' that you put inside each tyre (and it forms a permenant seal (no other repair required) in most cases (where it would be safe to do so) when you get a puncture).

It is NOT the same as the stuff you get for cycles nor the 'get you home' solution like Tyre Weld or Finlek (sp?). It is also 'tyre fitter friendy' as it's water soluable ;-)

It is supposed to be 'fitted' as a preventative measure (fit new tyres on yer car / motorbike / caravan, fit Ultraseal at the same time sorta thing) but I have used it retrospectivly 3 times now with good effect ;-)

No connection just a happy user etc etc ..

Reply to
T i m

I relied on one of these, marketed by Shraeder in the 70s, powered by the 4cyl landrover petrol engine, for many years, I don't think it did the engine any harm. As it was used at tickover the petrol and air drawn through the inlet should be minimal. The device was a sort of reed valve to allow air into the cylinder and a ball bearing as a non return valve to the air line. They are still available from the US.

AJH

Reply to
sylva

As a kid cycling along thorn covered lanes to and from School I got fed up with repairing punctures.

Swiping some of Dads polycell wallpaper paste and injecting some into the tube kept the tyres inflated enough for a few months at a time. Only problem was the onset of Winter when the mixture froze leading to a somewhat uneven ride. Not sure when the proprietary sealants first came out. My DIY version was in the mid sixties .Perhaps I should have registered the Patent.

G.Harman

Reply to
g.harman