can you still get non-flexible gap filler?

Morning!

I have been fitting skirting boards in my kitchen, and have been looking for a *non-flexible* gap filler. In the past, I always just bought Decorator's Caulk from Wickes, but even that is now a "stay flexible" product.

Any ideas?

Al Reynolds

Reply to
Al Reynolds

I think its called pollyfilla

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Look for a product called GripFill.

Reply to
BigWallop

Aah, but caulk used to dry smooth, whereas I always find polyfilla dries a bit rough. I never had to do any additional finishing on the caulk.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Cheers - I assume this is the stuff:

idea which sheds carry it? I don't think B&Q do. Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Screwfix

Reply to
Angela

Thanks - will order some later! Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

Gripfill is really for sticking things, it just happens to fill any gaps between the items to be stuck.

As Al Reynolds says you need caulk. It does exist because I saw a chippy using some to fill the gap around some new architrave only last week. When asked nicely he gave me a tube ... which I left at daugther's...

Reply to
BillR