Can one use this type of towel rail on electricity only?

Lots of places offer this style of towel rail, here's one from Toolstation:-

Can one use them with electric heating only? We want to install one in a room where there are no pipes from the CH nearby.

Is it just a case of plugging three holes, filling with water and putting an electric heater element in the fourth hole?

Reply to
Chris Green

I would say not. There is no provision for expansion. They make a sealed version...

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

I've installed a similar towel rail using a thermostatic heating element instead of CH water. Just followed the instructions which came with the heating element, think it was to heat it up with the air vent open then close. Only run it at a low setting on the thermostat control with no problems for a couple of years.

Reply to
Robert

Leaving an airspace when filling would deal with that.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Steve Walker snipped-for-privacy@walker-family.me.uk> wrote in news:s0h4s6$g77$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Yes.

I have done this and it exactly what the instructions tell you to do. They also tell you to add a little corrosion inhibitor and fortunately I had a little spare.

Reply to
Peter Burke

I can't see from the description but are there towel rails that use both CH and electric then?

Reply to
AnthonyL

Yes, we have one (OP here), they're pretty standard I think.

Reply to
Chris Green

Yes, I used to have one. So normally run off the central heating, but with an element for towel drying in the summer...

Dave

Reply to
David Wade