can Drayton ZA5 actuator be used with a 779-2 valve body?

I have a faulty actuator on my Drayton ZA6/779-2 motorised valve. Can a ZA5 actuator be used with the 779-2 valve body? The reason for asking is that Screwfix have ZA5 in stock at a good price, but do not sell the ZA6. Other local suppliers sell the ZA6, but at a much higher price, and they are out of stock.

Looking at the installation guide at

nloadAsset.aspx?id=10510 , the the ZA5 has a SPST switch while the ZA6 ha s a SPDT switch. However, in my system the extra (white) wire on the ZA6 th at comes from the extra pole on the switch is not connected to anything, so an SPST switch as on a ZA5 will be fine in my case. So the question is if there are any other differences between the ZA5 and ZA6 that would prevent the ZA5 being used with the 779-2 valve body?

thanks

John

Reply to
jnews321

A5 actuator be used with the 779-2 valve body? The reason for asking is tha t Screwfix have ZA5 in stock at a good price, but do not sell the ZA6. Othe r local suppliers sell the ZA6, but at a much higher price, and they are ou t of stock.

ownloadAsset.aspx?id=10510 , the the ZA5 has a SPST switch while the ZA6 has a SPDT switch. However, in my system the extra (white) wire on the ZA6 that comes from the extra pole on the switch is not connected to anything, so an SPST switch as on a ZA5 will be fine in my case. So the question is i f there are any other differences between the ZA5 and ZA6 that would preven t the ZA5 being used with the 779-2 valve body?

You will have worked it out by now, but for anyone else who comes across th e thread, yes they are physically identical apart from the SPST vs SPDT swi tch. I just replaced a broken ZA6 with a ZA5.

Reply to
Martin