Can anyone identify make of this tap?

Apart from being white rather then chrome, it looks remarkably like my Franke tap - but other makes may be similar, so I can't be certain that yours is Franke.

Do you have a problem with it. I can tell you where to get Franke spares, if necessary.

Reply to
Set Square

The spout is very stiff to swivel, but gets easier when the hot water has run for a bit.

MM

Reply to
MM

Sorry I can't help with the tap identification but I have a Franke tap that needs replacement ceramic disc things so a recomendation for a spares provider would come in very handy if you have it. Thanks.

Reply to
holkingers

Turn it 90 degrees to the left and try to lift it off; if no joy, try the right. Replace O-ring and lubricate with silicone grease.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Other have suggest Franke: I think you'll find that name embossed on the left hand side of the tap - (second of your two photos) HTH

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

You can get spares from Central Services of Stoke-on-Trent (01782-342230).

You can no longer buy just the discs, but a complete cartridge recently cost me just over 8 quid including postage. Two would have been less than twice that because of only one lot of postage. If you do only one side, specify which - because they are handed. FWIW, my tap - which looks very similar to the one referenced by the OP - is called a 'Davos Quarter Turn Sink Mixer'

Reply to
Set Square

If it *is* a Franke tap, you should be able to remove the spout by turning it clockwise by 90 degrees so that it lines up with hot tap. It then lifts out. A smear of silicon grease or vaseline on the O-rings should cure the problem.

Reply to
Set Square

Some weeks ago I did unscrew the ferrule, but there's a circlip/snapring holding the spout in and I can't see how to get it out, as it's a very tight fit. Now the weather is colder the spout is even harder to swivel. I'm thinking about replacing the tap, but that'll be a real pain, given that the pipes are soldered. Could try using push-on flexipipes on a new tap, perhaps. I used them in my last house and they didn't leak. Brilliant, actually.

MM

Reply to
MM

Cheers , SS, I'll give it a go. But not until Monday so that I can rush to the shops if it all goes pear-shaped!

MM

Reply to
MM

No, nothing to see anywhere on the tap. I even stuck a mirror behind it. No identification marks of any kind.

MM

Reply to
MM

There may be a small grub screw in the back of the thing, which locates the spout.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

used this company for franke spares and also a useful site for ident purposes

Alex

Reply to
Alex

In that case, it's *not* like mine - and may not be a Franke. There is no ferrule, and no circlip on mine. The body has a vertical slot in one particular position, and the spout has a pin on the side which slides down the slot. Once fully down, you can rotate the spout - and the pin then moves in a circular horizontal groove, and keeps the spout in. A seal is achieved by two different sizes of O-ring, which fit in grooves in the stepped end of the spout.

Another possible approach to freeing up the end of your spout so that rotates more easily is to remove the ferrule, and dribble some washing-up liquid into the space under it.

Reply to
Set Square

I tried that, but the spout is a very close fit in the body and washing up liquid just trickles down the side (outside).

MM

Reply to
MM

In message , Set Square writes

It looks very similar to the Franke Danube, but not quite. Knobs are different...

just gone through a tap buying exercise (and bought said Danube from insinks/Alaris), I fairly certain I've seen your model in one of the sheds... Wickes or BnQ. If it were Franke, I think it would almost certainly be clearly branded.

Reply to
Steven Briggs