Can a Combi Boiler be mounted Horizontally?

"Andy Hall" wrote | "IMM" wrote: | >> I think you woulf have to be pretty anal to get that worried | >> about it. We are not talking steam train here! Probably no | >> more dramatic that a boiling kettle. | >You have to be kidding. My condenser in winter when starting up | >can give a plume about 2 to 3 foot long and very thick. Have one | >of these a few foot from your flat window and you will be pissed | >off. | Throw it away and buy a decent one.....

Are these things any worse than a tumble dryer vent (the sort of people who hang the hose out of their ground-floor flat windows seem obsessed with fragancing every passer-by with the Fresh Smell of Bounce)?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

A little common sense in locating the flue and selecting its type will resolve most problems. Once the boiler is running it will modulate down after the system is up to temperature and the plume will get smaller anyway*.

Can't say it would bother me that much.

  • unless some plonker has cocked up its closed loop control system by sticking unwanted energy storage terms in the feeback loop that is!
Reply to
John Rumm

It doesn't go near any window

Reply to
IMM

The plume can be quite thick and if near a window gives he appearance of smoke passing. If too near it may enter a room. I see many problems with these in flats, especially the older converted house types.

Reply to
IMM

Mmmm. There's at least one of those that makes me want to physically puke.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall