Calor Gas Bull?

I know you said truck. Truck can mean a L200 4dr long wheelbase in black w/ chrome, any 4x4, disco, RR, shogun right up to 13.5T.

A truck may well have a trunk/boot with split-rear seats - or a flimsy piece of thin plywood. A truck may well have a pickup bed, but still have a rear window through which objects can be launched. Commercial pickups tend to have wire mesh on the rear of the bed frame, chrome style-bar pickups tend not to.

If carrying a heavy object in a vehicle exposes you to the risk of it hitting you from behind in an accident, restrain it. Not rocket science. Ok, it could become one if a 4800psi aluminium scuba tank, that could be entertaining.

If impractical to mount vertically, not an acetylene cylinder, then restrain horizontally. I recall doing that with a large concrete drain across both rear seats - 200lb, used both safety belts. Safer than having it longitudinal with the split seats down so a rear impact propelled it the extra few inches into my spine or poorly tied down so a frontal impact did the same.

Reply to
js.b1

I was once looking for a connector in a scrapyard. Found one in a car that appeared to be coated on the inside with grey granular substance.

The story was that the driver had hit something hard when the hatchback (seats up) had some bags of cement in it.

The bags had burst, but nonetheless had not stopped until they had torn all four seats off their mountings and killed the driver.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Do you spend all day in screaming hysterics?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Do you spend all day without a sense of sarcasm?

Too much "petty micro nannyism"... Waste Transfer Licence... Plaster to hazardous waste sites... Home Information Packs... and inappropriate extension & application by jobsworths at times. I agree with approved container for carrying petrol, I disagree with any jobsworth applying commercial transporter legislation to consumers buying a BBQ gas cannister.

Reply to
js.b1

And what was the grey granular substance, cement or the drivers brain?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks for backing that up Steve.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Doesn't matter, it's about the load.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

OK, fair point for unrestrained loads.

Still not convinced you can get quite that high for belted drivers though

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Highway Code isn't legal precedent. Case law in this area though is quite distressing if, as you do no doubt, consider 2119 sacrosanct.

Reply to
Andy Dingley