calculating ventilation

i am trying to work through a test we have been set with loads of different rooms/appliences, can anyone explain to me the requirements/calculations i need to use to find out the free air required.

i can email a copy of the document to anyone willing to help.

thanks

Gav

Reply to
Gav

Well, electrical appliances will produce a certain amount of heat. Gas appliances require a specific amount of ventilation, specified in the manual, and regulations.

People need a certain amount of fresh air to breath.

Add them up.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

you miss understand, i am trying to work through a test that was set by our tutor at the training centre i am studying gas installation(domestic) and the way we have been instructed seems very complicated and i can't get my head around it so i was hoping some one here would take a look and guide me on the right path to enlightenment

Reply to
Gav

Why are you asking us for enlightenment? The test that was set is designed to test YOU, not us. It's not about you just passing a test for your conveniance, it's about your tutor testing your competence in a field (Gas Installation) which could be a life or death issue and as such is extremly important. If you don't understand the question then I suggest you speak with your tutor and seek guidance there. Sorry Donwill

Reply to
Donwill

flippin heck, i was asking for somone to explain the principals to me in a way that i understand, our tutor has a habit of deflecting questions and saying just accept it! that is not how to understand stuff so if you can put it in clear terms the please attempt it if not and you don't understand the subject then shut your gob.

the reason i need to understand it is so that i don't make a mistake in the future and end up putting someone life at risk because of idiots like you who are so ignorant that you think your piss poor input will in some way raise a laugh!

so if you would like to help please do, i don't want answers to test questions i just want the methods explained!

Thanks

Gav

Reply to
Gav

you don't

of idiots

"Flattery will get you Everywhere"

Reply to
Donwill

address above, or variant below is valid

Reply to
DJC