Calculating radiator size

This has probably been asked a thousand times in this newsgroup, but could anyone tell me how I go about calculating radiator size (in BTUs/Watts) for a given sized room?

Is there a calculation chart available anywhere?

The room I have in mind is a bathroom, approx. 7ft x 7ft square and

8ft high.

Any advice would be gratefully received...

Nigel Lord

Reply to
Nige

There are several downloadable tools, or you can take the simple B&Q approach to get the required output in Btu/hr:

- find room volume in cubic feet

- multiply this by 4 for bedrooms, kitchens and hallways; or by 5 for bathrooms, living rooms and dining rooms.

- add 10% if large windows or "exposed walls"

This sounds crude but the answers seem to be in the same ballpark as a more detailed calculation for the standard modern house situation I've been looking at. Divide by 3.41 to get Watts.

Reply to
Dave

Thanks, that seems to work fine (and luckily, the rad I'd already bought is big enough for the room!)

NL

Reply to
Nige