Cable Route via Stack Boxwork

Hi all

Talking to a neighbour of mine about an understairs cupboard light yesterday. This cupboard has an internal load bearing wall with the internal soil stack just the other side.

So the question is:

Is it within regs to route a cable within a soil stack - there is copper pipwork in the stack and the cable would not be clipped, just hanging loose. The pipework is cold only so no temperature issues.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Can't see why not - it's certainly been done in my house - but it shouldn't really "hang loose" (I know mine does!), any vertically suspended cable ought to be supported.

David

Reply to
Lobster