Cabinet door repairs

Common problem I come across is kitchen cabinets where the doors have been opened beyond the limit of the hinge and the euro screws have pulled out of the chipboard carcass.

This leaves two gaping holes where each hinge was.

I've been using repair kits for a while, ordered online @ around £5 a set + delivery.

Toolsatan now stock them for £2:20!

These things are the answer to a maidens prayer!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Holy cow Batman. I was using car body filler to do that job years ago, and that's a fiver for enough to repair several kitchens!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You do have to factor THM's time - if he has one to repair, it's either bugger about for 20 minutes mixing, applying, waiting, sanding.

Or stick one of those on for 2.20

Reply to
Tim Watts

Me too but this is faster, neater, and stronger.

Reply to
stuart noble

And can be used to fix new doors to old carcasses when the hinge holes don't line up. Brilliant

Reply to
stuart noble

Isn't that the motto of the Olympic games?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Is the correct answer!

And the customer pays £4:99 anyway.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I thought you were male?

Reply to
Capitol

The customer is female in 8/10 cases :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'm sure they must be, but I ended up using a piano hinge on one door as the load of the bin inside kept muching up the hinges and the door.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff