c/h timer blowing fuses

hello l wonder if you can help me, my c/h is blowing 3amp fuses the system is about 20 yrs old and the timer is a glow worm. when the hot water clicks on there is no problem but when the heating kicks in about a minute later it blows the fuse,it's been doing this a while and only blew a fuse about once a week but now it's every time the heating comes on, so as you can guess we have no heating. l'm tipping it's the timer, can you please help asap as we have a 4 yr old and no heat. thanks

p.s what and where is the Syncron motor in the 3 way valve.

Reply to
dpys02879

Are you sure you've got a 3-way valve? Is it possible that you've got a gravity (convection) HW and pumped CH system - so that the pump only runs when the CH is on? If so, it's likely that it's the pump which is causing the problem.

If you *do* have a 3-port valve, it will look something like

- though not necessarily blue - and the synchron motor will be inside the actuator part (the blue bit in this case).

Reply to
Roger Mills (aka Set Square)