Buzzing MCB

I removed an MCB while I changed a double socket. When I plugged the MCB back in the consumer unit it made a buzzing/arcing noise which eventually ceased.

Am I right in thinking that it's time to get a new one?

Given how cheap they are, yes. Most common reason for MCB failure whilst fitting is entry of plaster dust or other building dust, and I could imagine it might cause the symptom you observed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel