Butane fire stains

I have a Smeg butane cooker at home that produces a flame that is a bit yellowish at the tip, not fully light blue as it was before. The bottom of the pots are stained with black marks.

How can I fix this? Thanks, Antonio

Reply to
asalcedo

Sounds as though the flame is being starved of air. Check around the jet to make sure that the air holes are clear. This could be a problem as gas burning with insufficient air can produce carbon monoxide.. When was the last time it was serviced?

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

The house is five years old. I don't know if the cooker has ever been serviced. It has been used little though, it shows.

All the air holes are clear and there is little dirt throughout. What can a service do that I cannot do?

Reply to
asalcedo

Dismantle and clean, take measurements. Perhaps the butane flow rate is too high.

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm