Built-in oven woes

I have some sympathy for the tenant, but that would definitely be my solution too. Also, the temperature display will probably be significantly more accurate than a standard controller!

Reply to
newshound

That happened when we had a cleaning firm in. I havn't got round to getting out the vibro-pen yet.

Reply to
newshound

Depends how much trouble you want to take.

You can either fill out a return with everything you ever spent on the place, and claim that against the rent.

Or you can claim a fixed percentage (10%) and not have to deal with all the bullshit. Of which there is plenty.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

You don't have to justify the 10%? Is it a straight claimable?

Reply to
Tim Watts

I'm pretty sure that is only for a fully furnished property.

Reply to
Fredxxx

My only experience is that I'm accidentally my son's landlord...

"You can claim 10% of the net rent as a ?wear and tear allowance? for furniture and equipment you provide with a furnished residential letting. Net rent is the rent received, less any costs you pay that a tenant would usually pay, eg Council Tax."

Reply to
Vir Campestris