Building tiny furniture

Not quite doll's house, but somewhat smaller than the stuff I normally make:

John Rumm

"prodding" ... for mobiles and tablets yes, but never feels right for main monitors, even on laptops.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup never fancied a touchscreen for a main display. Last thing I need is fingerprints all over it, and a pointing device less precise than a mouse!

Reply to
John Rumm

No fingerprints on mine after getting on for a decade now.

Anyone with even half a clue uses voice input.

Reply to
Jock

Speaking of which (ha, ha) I have a few google/nest/chromecast devices sprinkled around, which can use voice input, I live alone so not *that* bothered by the always on mic and use of the wake-word, you can physically turn the mics off.

However I've just bought an android based chromecast dongle, which has a remote with a dedicated voice assistant button, which works in a push-to-talk fashion, and I quickly found that a less intrusive way of controlling lights/tv/speakers/plugs.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Amazon's Firestick remote works in a similar way.

Why Amazon won't produce a version of the Echo with a PTT remote, I don't know - it would remove a number of security concerns for those working from home.

Reply to
Steve Walker

You have a typo, unless you really did sand a tit.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I do that, and also use the voice input for email, messages and texts on the phone. Much faster than typing let alone using a stylus.

Fuck that, I much prefer to just say what I want rather than having to press anything.

Reply to
Jock

They obviously can, but I can't see any real market for it.

It's different with a remote that you have to hold anyway.

There are no security concerns, just mindless paranoia.

Reply to
Jock

You have to take your pleasure where you can :-)

(I think I already fixed that one, but thanks for the heads up)

Reply to
John Rumm