Bubble jet mountain

Cue uk.d-i-y-ers all over the country doing it themselves...

My hp LaserJet 1010: 9.5 seconds

...in mono: but then it was a mono post :-)

Reply to
Mike Barnes

Have you had any experience with Ricoh Alfico, John? That's not one I've used before.

Reply to
Suz

Just tried that with the Cannon i865. Hitting print then switching it on and timed from switching it on - 1 min 15 secs.

With it having done its preening ritual, 10 secs too. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You mean it doesn't stretch and have a preen when first woken up? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yup, we have a handful of Estate Agency clients that use them. A couple of them have the big CL7000 series units that can chuck out 34ppm of full colour.

I did a cost comparison a while ago comparing that model with the similar spec HP9500 and the lower spec HP4600. The cost difference at volume is quite dramatic.

Results here (note this was based on prices from about a year and a half ago):

are £s on the Y and months on the X. The sums were done assuming a monthly print volume of 12,000 pages and excluded the cost of the paper and breakdown maintenance costs, but did included all consumable costs including toner, fuser, drums etc as required.

Reply to
John Rumm

Was that from asleep though Mike (off not standby in the case of a laser?)

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Nope, nothing - it wakes up and gets moving without the slightest pause. I wish *I* could do that. :-)

Reply to
Mike Barnes

It's from sleep or standby. I've never switched it off (assuming there

*is* a switch) since installing it; I have no reason to, because in standby it's absolutely silent, and cold to the touch. Out of interest I've just looked up the standby power consumption: 7 watts.
Reply to
Mike Barnes