bricky costs in Midlands

How much would I expect to pay (labour only) for a bricky to build 4m x

5m extension shell - just cavity walls with 75mm full fill insulation, leaving openings for door / windows etc, and without putting on a roof ? Foundations / drainage would already be in place. I am in the Midlands. Cheers, Simon.
Reply to
sm_jamieson

strip or trench fill foundations? if strip foundations, that will add to the labour costs, but id estimate 7days work for a decently fast brickie. now for the cost, £120-£150 per day. I learned the hard way - don't go for a price for the job, unless it comes in lower than the maximum above, my brickie made a fortune out of me because I didn't shop around-I was under pressure from SWMBO to get it done quick. im near uttoxeter.

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

We recently did one for =A31600 cash. Typical ground floor extension on the back of a traditional semi. Access was good, and no overhand work.

Including 3 course of engineers below DPC, one 1500 kitchen window and one 1800 patio door opening and monopitch gables to each side. No internal walls, and thermalite blocks. The houseowner loaded out and did the mixing. We supplied and errected the trestles and loaded these out=20

He had been quoted between =A32100 and =A32600 by others

dg

Reply to
dg