Box of fuses

Those of you with good memories may recall my bemoaning the loss of my box of assorted mains fuses a few weeks ago.

Well, I haven't found them, but I've good idea where they've gone.

They've run off with my window-cleaner's squeegee, which I can also no longer find.

Reply to
Huge

How nice. I hope they'll be happy together.

Reply to
Mike Barnes

It's a problem I have been trying to solve - my tools and materials are shared between our house (in Suffolk) and two boats (one in London, one in France). Having "items of one type all in the same place" is all very well in terms of knowing where X is but it's not much use when I need X in France and it's at the house in Suffolk.

Reply to
cl

I don't. I hope they're bitter and unhappy and long for the days when they were in my garage.

Reply to
Huge

I have 3 Stanley Knives. I can only find one.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Oi!!!!! Next time you are in a pound shop look for 5 utility knives for a quid. Obviously no good for putting down a carpet but they come in very handy for easy to cut things.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

That sounds like one of those puzzles; "You have 3 Stanley knives. You leave one in the greenhouse and lend another to your neighbour. Your spouse buys you one for Xmas. How many Stanley knives do you have?"

Reply to
Huge

Oh I know! Pick me, sir! Please!

7 and none of them contains a sharp (or even rust-free) blade.
Reply to
mark.bluemel

Clearly an amateur, I have 5 folding knives (stanley bladed for the use of) plus 3 other heavy duty variants for when I really need get some weight behind a blade (oh, and a stanley blade fixed to a 600mm alu angle for de-glazing bonded in windows and such).

I'm lucky if 2 are readily accessible at a any given time.

Spare blades are stored in 10 or so slide out containers so there is an off change of finding a replacement when I need one.

Reply to
fred

Correct! Give this man a cee-gar!!

Reply to
Huge

A couple of months ago, I lost a watch in one of my sheds when the buckle broke and I slipped it into a pocket and it slipped itself out. I didn't know (although I suspected) it was in the shed until Friday, when I was clearing out old cardboard boxes. At the bottom of a box inside another box, under several old newspapers, I found the watch.

Reply to
Nightjar

I often think that whoever coined the term "inanimate object" had never actually come across one.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

On 02 Mar 2015, Huge grunted:

The solution is very straightforweard - just go out and buy a new squeegee. That means that within a few hours you will find the old one - and with it, of course, will be your fuses.

HTH

Reply to
Lobster

Don't get me started on tape rules......

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That technique has not brought back my masonry drills!

Reply to
Bob Minchin

The only rule for tape I have is /always/ have a roll of duct tape in the toolbag :-)

Reply to
Jim White

But who here would admit to only /one/ toolbag?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Did you see them also with a wire stripper screwdriver and a pair of tin snips by any chance? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It is also essential to keep a corkscrew.

Reply to
charles

Well if you can afford to keep a boat in two places I suggest you can afford duplicate tool kits. Besides a lot of normal tools are now seen as either weapons or going equipped by the fuzz. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff