Bowed window - blinds?

We've just had an old bay window (or perhaps bowed would be more accurate) removed and replaced and have now hit a quandry. We had net curtains up at the old window but neither of us want nets again - too old-fashioned. The beauty of them though was that the springy wire that they hung on was easily shaped into the profile of the bow.

Photo of window here:

really wants vertical blinds but I can't imagine that we'd get one to follow the bow. I can only see that it would mean one for each pane (which would look crap IMHO) or one to cover two panes (which wouldn't look quite so crap but still not brilliant). Any other ideas out there folks 'cos I'm useless at this sort of thing :o(

TIA

Reply to
John

Hilary's Blinds do curved headers for their vertical blinds. No doubt many others do too.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

You can. The curved rails are a lot more expensive than straight ones. Also, you can save a packet by having the curved rail and blind louvres made separately. (cut out the middle man !) You need to find out the suppliers of curved rails, and the blind "makers" will not want to tell you this ! You may need to pose as a blind manufacturer. I said I was thinking of going into the market and was making a prototype. I think I got my curved rail from

blinds, 86 park street, congleton, cheshire CW12 1EG.) You may need to phone them about trade sales. They seem to have metamorphosised into
on the web, but they may still just supply the rails. They had a special machine that could bend straight rails I think. Of course you measure up, and if it's wrong, tough ! By the way, I am not associated with them in any way, this is NOT spam !! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Also, I bought the hardware (weights, hangers, chains) off ebay. You can only buy these from the manufactures in thousands. Not many will split the orders - its one way of keeping the assembly of binds as "trade", ie. not cust effective for DIY ! Luckily for ebay someone is making money splitting the orders. I saved over 100 quid (really !) by doing this.

See also PVCu windows, order frame and glass separately, but thats another story !

Good luck, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Thanks for your replies chaps, I had no idea you could get curved rails :o)

Reply to
John

In my old street just about every house had it. I think some salesman went around the street, saying "look at the Jones's" ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

In my old street just about every house had it. I think some salesman went around the street, saying "look at the Jones's" ! Simon.

How do they work then? My straight one has a rotating shaft which opens and closes the slats.

Reply to
John

The rotating shaft is made of nylon and bends ! Simple really ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson