Boundary Dispute

A friend had this but on a much larger scale, twenty years ago. They took a 30ft by 300ft strip. Said possession was 9/10th of the law and he couldn't do anything about it. He got onto the OS and bought some old aerial photographs and maps to show where the boundary had always been. Got some old guys from the village to say where the boundary lined up. The crims made threats that my friend's kids would be attacked. In the end an injunction sorted it out. They had to remove their new fence and put everything back to how it was. They did it hours before the deadline. It was very nasty.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Google Earth satellite view any use ?

Do Ordinance survey have photographic surveys of the area like they have in Ireland ? osi.ie

Reply to
fred

Not that I know of, but there is an annoying tendency for official and semi-official bodies to frequently change their names lately, and as I don't use the CAB.....

Reply to
John Williamson

Can I be the exception that may or may not prove the rule? Other way round with us.

Clearly shown on our deeds as ours - and that is where to start, with your deeds.

Reply to
bert

That shows the boundary around my house (consisting of 7 straight lines) very accurately, except that the whole lot is too far to the east by about a metre compared with the picture of my land.

Reply to
Matty F