Bosch Power Change Arbor Problem

I have a Bosch Power Change Arbor which I bought a couple of years ago for use with a holesaw to drill tap holes for a new bath .I have not used it since but tonight used it to drill a hole in a shelf and it kept slipping in my cordless drill/driver so I tried it in my mains drill ..same result .For those of you who perhaps have one of these it seems that the black surround that you pull back to attach the holesaw is not returning to it's proper place and therefore is not gripping the holesaw properly.....tapping it with a small hammer does return it but pulling the black surround back down just causes the problem to return ....anyone experienced this ....I thought perhaps there was dirt inside but see no way of it getting in . This is the item I mean .52121

Usenet Nutter

Well have just f****d it up properly by taking it apart .It consists of a centre shaft with a ball bearings sitting in a hole on either side of it and a spring around that then the outside collar all held in by a metal ring and I can't get it to hold together again so it's heading for the bin ....guess I'll need to buy another one ...

Reply to
Usenet Nutter