Bosch Ixo 3.6V or Ryobi 4.8V or ???

I just bought a Bosch Ixo screwdriver - seriously unimpressed. It's so gutless that I can see why they didn't feel the need for a torque limiter. Is the Ryobi 4.8v any better?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Maybe yours is faulty or not taken a full charge yet? I got mine (the original model) as a freebee with a bosch professional drill, so had no great expectations of it. Unexpectedly I found it could drive

6*45mm screws into softwood (most of the time), very useful where no other drive can fit.
Reply to
dom

Nope/ I tried one at a tool exhibition a little while ago.

The Metabo is respectable in the tiny ones. The DeWalt 7.2v DW920K (but not the DC600) is much better.

Reply to
Andy Hall

B&D have introduced a small light easy to hold 6V Impact Driver that has the same torque as a 12v Makita, 35Nm. B&Q were selling it.

Go for that. Small and powerful On Ebay at £30 plud P&P

Doctor Drivel

Black and Decker KC600H Compact Impact Screwdriver

10 X More Torque (driving power) drives screws flush every time

Features: Impact Mechanism prevents stripping of screw heads; easily drives bolts and removes rusty screws Quick Connect Feature for easy bit change High speed for drilling pilot holes Nickelmetalhydride (NiMH) battery technology for longer run time Powerful yet still compact - less hassle than a bulky drill Specification: Voltage 6 V Battery Type NiMH Battery 1.6 Ah Charge time 6-8 h Max Torque 35 Nm No load speed 2100 rpm Beats per Minute 5600 bpm Chuck size 6.35 mm

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Doctor Drivel

More pearls of wisdom from the advert reader.

Surely an impact driver would be far more suitable?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Please eff off as you are a worthless troll.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Looks interesting - thanks for the info. I bought the Ryobi a couple of hours ago, if it's no good I'll take it back and try one of these impact jobbies.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

B&Q sell it:

Type in search box: KC600H , and it comes up.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What's the down-side of these impact screwdrivers?

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

This B&D is the smallest Impact Driver available at 6v and in physical size. It does not have exchangeable batteries, only the integrated one and 3 hrs charge time. This may put many people off. This model is a small palm of the hand type yet has the same torque, 35Nm, as a 12v Makita drill/driver. It also does not have a chuck and a slip hex collar, for v quick bit changes. A nice peice of kit.

In general Impact Drivers have few down-sides. Some say they are too fierce, spin too much, too crude, etc. There is always a model that counters that. The Panasonic has a drill driver/Impact Driver all in one.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The various pros and cons are discussed here:

John Rumm

The B&D Impact Driver shatters the notion that Impact Drivers can do detailed screwing. Is that on the FAQ?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

typo : The B&D Impact Driver shatters the notion that Impact Drivers can't do detailed screw driving. Is that on the FAQ? The FAQ appears to be a collection of old wives tales.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

B&D site in the application shots shows it doing cabinet work.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Drivel do you actually own and/or have you used that particular B&D model?

I've used a bosch impact driver regularly for a couple of years and I know that faq is very fair in it's description of impact drivers.

At first I used to think some of the regular posters on here were a bit harsh on you.

Now I think they're justified.

Your unfounded dogma varies wildly from the many experienced individuals expressing well balanced views.

Reply to
dom

I have used it.

The B&D is a small detailed Impact drill, not for framing. Yet the know-its here say Impact Drivers across the board are only good for lag bolt driving.

They are justified in their lack of knowledge.

I am the most balanced viewed person here.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Thanks John.

Reply to
NoSpam

To what extent?

You've used that particular model both to drill holes and drive screws in a variety of sizes into a variety of materials?

Or you held it in the shop and watched the chuck whizz round when you squeezed the trigger?

Reply to
dom