Bosch Exxcel 1100 washer problems

I put a smallish load into my washing machine, a Bosch Exxcel 1100

With about 5 minutes to go, the electrics on the downstairs sockets tripped.

I have switched the electrics back on.

The washing machine is now stuck with a "drum" full of water with my washing in it.

Any programme I choose leads to the four lights

Spin Rinse Wash Ready

on the front of the machine to flash on momentarily about once a second.

I'd quite like to spin the washing and get my clothes out of the machine, but it isn't looking good.

Any ideas what the problem is? Is it terminal for the machine? The machine is about 8 years old and worked faultlessy giving good results. I'd happily go out and buy another, but I would quite like to get my clothes out of the machine without a minor flood lol

Hints, tips, and anecdotes gratefully received to cheer me up :)

Thanks

Noz

Reply to
Nozza

H results. I'd happily go out and buy another, but I would quite like to

Hi

get a fairly large basin and place on floor beside machine. Disconect drain hose from where ever eg sink waste. Keeping drain hose at low level let the water drain into basin. This should release the door interlock and let you open the door. At least you should get your clothes back.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Mac

H results. I'd happily go out and buy another, but I would quite like to

Hi

get a fairly large basin and place on floor beside machine. Disconect drain hose from where ever eg sink waste. Keeping drain hose at low level let the water drain into basin. This should release the door interlock and let you open the door. At least you should get your clothes back.

Allan

Maybe just needs reset, try swicthing off (at plug) and on again. Previous posters comments work , but you will probably need to pull the maching out from its location.

Another thing I did a few years back, looks untidy but worked. I got a long sheet of polythene about 15 feet long and about 2 feet wide, I taped it with gafa tape just below the door, kind of doubled it over, and chanelled it to the back door with a slight slope on it. It worked I got 99% of the water out the back door.

Reply to
SS

Thanks for the tip Allan

I got my suit out - and it is now at the neighbours being rinsed and spun :)

I downloaded the manual from the Bosch site and then opened the service flap at the front. I emptied drain hose at the front into a washing up bowl before switching to a large grill pan (the bowl was too deep for the last of the water)

I also cleaned the pump cap - but it wasn't full of fluff - just a little goo.

Machine still not working - but at least suit is saved :)

Thanks for the tip.

Noz

Reply to
Nozza

Hehe - thanks for the tip - I'll bear in mind for next time. I was amazed at hoew much water came out of this "eco friendly Which? best buy".

Noz

Reply to
Nozza

Try this link below as they have a section for washing machines they have helped me in the past. You may need to register (free)

SS

Another thing you can do is hold a wet & dry vacuum hose by the "filter cleaning" plug on the front before opening it. You can often avoid getting any water on the floor at all. You have to be ready to stop the flow when the cleaner fills up, of course.

Reply to
newshound

The UK white goods site is very useful.

The good news is that Bosch make good stuff and w/ms are normally easy to fix.

Reply to
Mark

I'm intrigued - what kind of suit can you bung in a washing machine & then spin dry?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

A boilersuit?

Swimsuit?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

One of these?

Neil Jones

I got even more water out of my old Zanussi a few years ago. It looked like it was empty but the door wouldn't open. Actually it was full TO THE BRIM! as the inlet valve had gone a bit leaky.

It didn't last long after that!

Regards, Simon.

Reply to
Simon Stroud

In article

dry clean only suits from now on. I wash them on a delicate wash, and hang them up to dry. lol

Noz

Reply to
Nozza