Borders are very difficult to hang

And that's a fact.

Please feel free to share your tips though. We are using solvite ready- made border adhesive, painting it generously onto the wall where the border will go, flattening it out with a credit card, wiping away the excess etc and it still looks like it's been driven over.

Reply to
Jon

The message from Jon contains these words:

Laser level helps if only 'cos you're not having to concentrate so hard on getting it level. You may find the bumps flatten out over the next few days as the adhesive dries.

Reply to
Guy King

snipped-for-privacy@zetnet.co.uk declared for all the world to hear...

I asked for a laser level but mother Christmas said "no".

Reply to
Jon

Unless I'm really dense, paste the border not the wall, and flatten out with a big bath-sponge.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I've always pasted the border but it's a messy business doing the edges and, in long lengths, can be difficult to position. If the wallpaper isn't too absorbent, it might be easier to paste the wall.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I tried it that way and it was even lumpier.

Reply to
Jon

Then mother christmas can't complain if it is wonkey then can she! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I used a self adhesive border... that was easy!

Reply to
John Rumm

Why are you using overpriced border adhesive? wallpaper paste is quite adeuate.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.null declared for all the world to hear...

If you get it wrong through you can't move it!

Reply to
Jon

Well I did think of that, but then since it was my first time I thought it best to have the specific tools for the job.

Reply to
Jon

The message from "The3rd Earl Of Derby" contains these words:

Didn't work for me sticking a border onto vinyl paper in the kids' bedrooms.

Reply to
Guy King

It peels off - its only tacky rather than outright sticky IYSWIM.

Reply to
John Rumm