Bonding SWA armour wires

And of course how you value your own time and the neatness of the job. I just hate the look of those thin galvanised nuts!

Reply to
Fredxx

Well the first thing is the missing SWA.

You normally make off the gland before fitting it to the CU.

Although some does appear on the video at 9.02

Reply to
ARW

I do not use them unless I have to.

I have proper nuts and bolts.

Reply to
ARW

Going to make rotating the gland to cut through the paint tricky!

How much time does cleaning off a bit of paint take anyway?

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I think the only reason there is a banjo being used on this one is I only had three Piranha nuts left, and 4 cables :-)

John Rumm

Why do you even need to remove the paint?

The CU box is earthed to the earth busbar and the banjo is also earthed to the busbar by the flylead.

And you never loosely fit the nut and bolt to stop the banjo spinning and then take it out again to fit the flylead.

Two reasons.

  1. It's doing a job twice
  2. If the banjo has moved then the nut will probably not come out

And just to point out that that RCD main switch can be lifted off the din rail and moved out the way to give a better working space in about 3 seconds.

Reply to
ARW

We charge £33 per hour. That's 55 pence per minute.

So it would have to save 4 minutes.

Reply to
ARW