Bolt size

My table actually goes up to around 1.75 inch bolts, since we do use some quite big bolts!

Reply to
Matty F

Well done Mike,

I got the #12 UNC screws from that place and although not perfect, they are good enough, I think.

They screw in a bit too easily (perhaps because of the 60 deg which makes the threads contact less, mostly at the tip of the thread). Because of that I was careful not to over tighten. But, as I said, I think they are going to do the job.

Also, the countersunk head is bigger/different angle, so they protrude from the hinge. But that is less important.

The beauty of it is that those screws are readily available either here or in the USA even more easily.

As long as I keep two original screws, out of the three, in each hinge, I think I should be all right for many years to come.

I will still keep an eye for 7/32" BSW screws anyway.

Many thanks again.

asalcedo