Boiler Replacement - Plumber Recommendations East Yorks Please

Hi all

Partly due to time scales and partly due to cowardice (some may say common sense is in there too) I am looking for a reputable Corgi guy/company to do the following:

Recommend replacement boiler Assess the state of heating system Replace boiler Increase size of pipe work as necessary to get decent flow to extension Replace zone valves Recommend and assist with control side

Does anyone have recent experience of reliable installer for above works please - location is West Hull village

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Give John Morton who trades as Boilercare a ring. He will be in Hull Daily Mail

Reply to
John

Use the Worcester Bosch web site search facility (like I did) to find a good, local, WB trained Corgi installer.

RedOnRed

This wouldn't be you by any chance would it John? What experience do you have of his workmanship?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

In article , TheScullster writes

I used The Gas Company in Hull for a similar job and would recommend them. They (a) came round for a look and quoted a good price in a few days and (b) actually listened to what I wanted rather than insisting on a cheap combi

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Tim

Thanks for that! Was this a domestic install or business premises - I seem to remember you replying to a previous post of mine refering to building works at business premises. Not that this makes a great deal of difference, but in general folks are prepared to accept a (slightly) lower standard of workmanship for business compared to private domestic stuff. Was work quality OK?

Phil

snip>

Reply to
TheScullster

In article , TheScullster writes

This one was at my house. Work quality was good, I was very happy with the job.

My requirements were very specific, which seemed to put everyone off - I wanted a Keston Celsius 25 installing to my existing heating system, and the old CH pump removing from the airing cupboard. Of the other people I contacted, half didn't reply at all, and the rest tried to get me to put a combi in. "Condensing boiler, what do you want one of those for, waste of money" etc etc. One guy who did come to quote (who shall remain nameless) even tried to persuade my wife that I was being stupid wanting a condensing non-combi boiler installing.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Tim

Thanks for all that. Sounds like your scope of work is similar to mine. I will also need some additional pipe work doing, couple of zone valves replaced etc. Would you mind telling me the price you paid and how long ago this was? Also how long you had to wait if at all, weeks, months?

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

In article , TheScullster writes

I can't remember how much it was!!! I think it was about a thousand quid, which I thought was OK because the best price I could find on the Keston was about 750. It was nearly 2 years ago and I think they did the job within 2-3 weeks of quoting.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

No its not me My standard response as usual is that I never use their services so I can't give an authorative answer. I do meet him from time to time usually in parts suppliers and he is tidy, presentable and talks sense rather than the usual load of cobblers bandied about in such trade counters. Other folks I speak to seem to regard him well.

Good luck

John

Reply to
John

Tim

Thanks for your input! I'll certainly include these on my bidders list.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster